Translate

Saturday, August 26, 2017

TnC Collected works : TnC Soundz and DemoZ Disk Part 5


Here is already Part 5 of my infamous series of ZoundZ and DemoZ disks. 
This one is called "The PSG-Sampler Edition". 

Yeah, most of this disk is filled with samples made with PSG-SAMPLER, a very good MSX-2 sampler program. It runs only with Memman a memory manager developed by MSX Software Team.
I used PSG-SAMPLER mostly to convert long samples and sequences from the "New Era" demo by UMF, cause I wanted to hear the best-sampled songs on any MSX audio device, instead of only Music Module or Turbo-R.

PSG-SAMPLER was able to play a sample via PSG, MSX-MUSIC (FM-PAC), MSX-AUDIO (MUSIC MODULE), PCM (Turbo-R) and SIMPL (an easy to build MSX sample device).
However the MSX-Basic replayer was never really finished and I lost interest in sampling music on my MSX, 
I was more interested in FAC Soundtracker and Moonblaster.
 
On this disk, you find 2 long converted samples of the "New Era", "Feel It" and "Groove". You can find these together with "Orgasmico" on "Move The House 7" from EVA.





Noticed the link was not taking you to discogs.com?

Since you have to log in on discogs.com I will never link to them again. Why should you log in on Discogs? Does Wikipedia have a login? I think Discogs made a big mistake here.
They are not another Social Media like Facebook, Pinterest, etc, they are only an encyclopedia of music, nothing more...
 I also recorded a funny sample of Blunt Axe "De Kuil" in Dutch language. The sample came from the CD-single "De Kuil", but was never a big hit in the Netherlands. The first single of Blunt Axe had more success and made it even to be uploaded to YouTube



I liked the instrumental version of "De Kuil" more and recorded it on a compilation tape called: My Favorite Remixes II Side A (start at 15:37), cause I think Blunt Axe used too many samples in the radio version.

But there is more shit to find on this Part 5 disk, than just samples. I created especially for this ZoundZ and DemoZ series a simple PSG sound-effect creator called SOUNDER, a remake of PSG random sequence maker BIGHIT 2.2 and a couple of tools to play with if you have a FM-PAC or MSX-MUSIC.

And I created a sort of simple animation demo with a nice drawing of a steamboat, of course, the drawing and music were made by my partner
in EMP-Soft, Elko Duijm.
I have not much to say here, except download it and have fun exploring.


No comments:

Post a Comment