Translate

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Abbey Road / Sgt. Pepper - The Beatles and others

Long time ago  when I was still at school I discovered The Beatles. My best friend had 3 tapes with songs of the Beatles and Wings, but not performed by the Beatles or Wings itself.
But it sounded god enough to make me curious about other Beatle music. So my older sister bought 2nd hand the LP "Abbey Road" for just 2 guilders (less than 1 Euro) and the 2-LP The Beatles: 1962-1966 (the red one) for just 4 guilders (less then...).
Not a bad way to start with Beatle music. The more Beatle albums I discovered, the more I liked "Abbey Road".
There are lot of information about "Abbey Road" album, but lately I found out that 
"Sun King" sounded a lot like "Albatros" of Fleetwood Mac. I think the Beatles just wanted to prove "hey we can do a Fleetwood Mac, if we wanted"
So I was digging into YouTube with Abbey Road songs covered by other artists and I found "Because" and after that, "Come Together"
Both tunes cames from a movie called "Sgt Pepper - the movie", with the BeeGee's,
Peter Frampton as main characters. The movie was bad, but it had some great covers.
And after seeing the movie, you are not suprised to see en hear this: "All This And World War II (Trailer) "

No comments:

Post a Comment