Translate

Monday, September 12, 2016

MSX Google week 35, 2016

From the moment I discover the MSX Emulator BlueMSX, I always searching for new ways to playing MSX games or MSX games related content.

This week I search for MSX related Andriod app and found a nice MSX Ringtones app with some famous MSX-1 and MSX-2 games. It promised some FM-Pac music, but mostly it's PSG and some SCC tunes.

The saddest part however is...there are not a lot of games to choose from, I think maybe
8 or 10 MSX-1 and maybe 8 MSX-2 ringtones. My Acer has standard more than this app !


Check out: the app or go to the Play Store on your mobile phone.

In the past I found all kind of websites where you can download roms, cassettes and disks for free for any old computersystem, like MSX.

It's a nice way to play unknown MSX games for the first times, but I also knew there should be a better way.
I found a couple of websites where you could play old MS-DOS games in your browser and a MSX Emulator written in Java, that crashed with a lot of MSX-games, without any reason.

Then I visited The Filehunter website and I could not believe my eyes, almost every fav MSX-game was ready to play by clicking on the picture in my browser. Aleste, Beamrider,
Hyper Rally, Super Laydock and many many more. THIS IS AWESOME ! And it's called WebMSX.

This is worth the waiting, I havent check if it works with Andriod browser, but what a fun playing MSX games
and you need only a browser. No longer rippen the MSX Roms from your old computer
and put them in a map for the emulator to find (or not)...



No comments:

Post a Comment