Translate

Monday, August 13, 2018

Favs PC Games : Firefall from Red 5 Studios

The story of Firefall is one game-developers never should forget. 

It is a story about a good game concept with a nice background story, great GFX and music, good shooter, fantastic coop features, player modified weapons, single or multiplayer missions, open world areas...what could go wrong ? Read the story. 

I think they tried too hard to put more and more stuff in the game, forget it still had to run properly. Also, the fact that it was a free game and the only DLC you could buy was a very overpriced car, which was not worth buying. So, in the end, somebody must pay the salary of those developers and with no income from the Steam PC version, it had to end sooner or later. 

On 7th July 2017, the Firefall servers were closed, but already in November 2016
there were almost no players left when I played Firefall for the last time with my son. 
Lots of missions did not work and you could not level up anymore. 

The game was very broken already. Still the GFX, music, the classes and outfits were still there... I even wrote a review, trying to convince Steamers to play Firefall, specially Defiance players ( cause some things in Firefall were a lot better than in Defiance).
With no luck...

I had to admit TRION did a better job, with their free game Defiance and Defiance 2050. Lots of DLC to buy and not very expensive, better and more cars which are great fun to drive, lots and lots of weapons and with the improved Defiance 2050 they have looked to Firefall very good and introduced also classes...

Not as good as Firefall did, but hey, who cares anymore !. The Firefall server is already down for more than1 year !. 

However, Firefall will always have a special place in my memories, like the gliding from high places and the very original detailed scenery even on older (lower) computers.
I miss it still and so are more Defiance 2050 players...


Check out the Firefall OST and the screenshots in this post.
I played the game for 67 hours, so I think I know what I am talking about...

I think you will not find many online games, where gamers made farewell videos when the servers are shutting down. For Firefall I found a couple, for me another proof that it was not just a game, it was a new experience.

Goodbye, Firefall.

No comments:

Post a Comment