Translate

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

TnC Collection Tapes : My Favorite Houseworks 1 + 2

Now I posted about Lush 3-1 I think it's time to blog about the 2 tapes I am most proud of. 

They were made when I started to like house music and bought some low-price CDs with mostly collected tracks in one house genre. At that time there were not many house genres and lots of experimental house track were made in that era. You can find the playlist for mixcloud and the tracklistings too. 

I recorded the tapes back then in the 90s with the best songs of all house CDs I owned. When I listened to them again its a very varied collection of commercial euro house like 2-Unlimited or Snap, some techno hits like Praga Kahn and Orbital, club tracks like music and Captian Hollywood Project and Usura, but also some tracks you never had heard before like Self-Transforming Machine Elves and Flux.
So after all those years ( somewhere in the 90s, I never wrote any date on my tapes) the music is still refreshing and to my humble opinion still not outdated. I liked the tapes soo much I wrote the whole title and the artists, kinda rare. Mostly I wrote the begin letters of each track or left the tape cover completely blank...Not very handy if you want to create a tracklisting on mixcloud. On the picture above you can see the CDs I used for the tapes. 


And in the picture above here you see the tapes and covers I made.
Some quick words about the tracks.

I always liked 2 Unlimited they always made songs you could sing a long very danceable and easily hooked for days in your head. Even their own remixes on maxi CDs were very good. The Plateau song reminds me always at Ayers rock in Australia, a country I always wanted to visit. The battle between the flute and the trumpet with a tribal house beat, I like it. 
When I heard The Man With the Masterplan I had to bought the album of Quadrophonia , what a waste of money. Only the title track and remixes of other artists from these tracks were nice. To my surprise, both hits of Felix are on these tapes (and both made their way to MSX, I used both of them in my Moonblaster House mixes).
There may be also some bonus tracks...

Check them out on my playlist at Mixcloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment