Translate

Monday, October 6, 2014

Some (MSX?) links: ASCII Art generators

On MSX I haven't seen much ASCII Art,  some MSX BBS'es had some nice ANSI pictures.
I was busy preparing some (more) Wordstore MSX-1 demo's and I had the idea to convert some pictures into ASCII Art for use on MSX-1 SCREEN 2.

Mainly because SCREEN 2 is at his best with only 2 colors.
If you use more (15 at the most of course) you have a challenge to fix the bluring...

So I search for some website for ASCII Art and found these 2:
 ASCII Art Word Generator
ASCII Art Picture Generator




I like them both, maybe I will use it on my next MSX menu-screens, but I noticed for a good picture you need to have more than 80 characters on 1 line...
And MSX-2 can...oke I will tell you... 80.
So the next picture cannot be played on a MSX screen, it's to big (>200).
But it's fun to convert texts and pictures into ASCII Art, you should try it too...




1 comment:

  1. http://network-science.de/ascii/ works even on MSX-1 (40 columns) !!!

    ReplyDelete