Translate

Saturday, November 1, 2014

MSX Google: week 44, 2014

Hi,

I was Googling for an old PC game Powerslide, cause my son wanted to play it on his Windows 7 computer and the original CD-Rom (for Windows 98) failed to install the game.

Then I got a link to www.xtdos.com and found out I could play old MS-Dos games like Powerslide in my own browser, if I had Java plugin installed.
I noticed a lot of old favorite games were playable, but it got better and better.
On the right side of the pages there were links to SNES, NES, ATARI and MSX !!!
Yezz, I can play MSX games in my browser without installing an emulator
and searching/ downloading some MSX games !


Well, not on my old XP PC....

I installed the latest Java but that didn't help.
Then I tried on a old Vista laptop and...it worked...I played Aleste in my Firefox browser.
Waaaw, amazing !
A little bit slow at first, but after a while it ran on normal speed.

So if you have a newer computer than me, check the website www.jamsx.com.
Don't forget to update your...

1 comment:

  1. Ratbag was famous with all their Dirt Track Racers and other offroad racing-games.
    Still like to play some of them...

    ReplyDelete