Translate

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Music System Xcellent Part Kiwi tape 1 (MSX Soundtracker Music)

I have enough explained so I will only share the links and some info about the songs.

The tape is a combination of Pet Shop Boys/Michael Jackson/Queen covers, Synthesizer Greatest covers, MSX Gamemusic covers and original work from members of FAC, Impact,
Moonsoft and the Amazing Bytewizards (the guys from MIDI-blaster and more).

My favorite songs on Kant A are: Bdd Theme 2 (Impact), I'm Angry (the Amazing Bytewizards), Acid 3 (idem), Jazzy Jam (FAC), Another One Bites The Dust (I forgot), I Want A Dog (Moonsoft) and Atomic Cinderella (I forgot too).
All these songs are up-tempo,  the slow songs are a little boring, I think.

I was most impressed by the funk of Jazzy Jam and Atomic Cinderilla and I still like the humor in I Want A Dog.
Another One Bites The Dust is not just a Queen cover but a cover in Impact  style,I like this version more tan if they had tried to follow the original song.

Here is the link to mixcloud
Kant B specials: Chase (unknown), Impact 2 (Impact), Bases 2 (Station), Electricity (Moonsoft), Tilburg Joepie (Moonsoft), The Show Must Go On (unknown too) and Rising of Red Moonsoft (Moonsoft).

The songs Chase, Bases 2 and Rising of Red Moonsoft
(of XAK II) show how MSX-Music and MSX-Audio are capable of making big bass sounds.
And every time I play Rising of Red Moonsoft at the highest volume, that kicking bassline, the pounding drums and a strange melody, it just a blast !


In Electricity you can hear 1 tone was hanging during the recording and I tried to do something about it, then I got bored and changed on the fly some channels.
MSX-Stereo at his best (or worst...)
Still love the humor in Tilburg Joepie and The Show Must Go On was for me just as haunted and sad as the original ballad, of Queen again.

Mixcloud link

I must say my taste changed in years, but not completly...


No comments:

Post a Comment