Translate

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Music System Xcellent Part Kiwi tape 2 (MSX Soundtracker Music)

As I explained earlier, tape 1 and 2 were recorded in stereo. Well, actually 2 different soundchips were playing the same song at the same time !
Crazy way to get stereo music as you look back...

On tape 2 at Kant A, these are the songs I won't forget:
Arpegiator (FAC), Ni Hongo (A.J. Minnaard), Acid 2 (Amazing Bytewizards), Bases 1 (Station), Swing Beat (FAC), Vibraphone (unknown), Space Invaders (FAC).

The songs are split in 2 different genres, uptempo with Arpegiator, Bases 1, Acid 2,
and Swing Beat.
The softer side with Ni Hongo, Vibraphone ans Space Invaders.
I think the music of Station is very inderrated, it came all from the DECALOGUE demo.
The music was simple but all songs had the same style that I like.

And on Kant B: Impact 2 (Impact), Swift Bass (FAC), Decaloque 2 (Station), Acid (unknown), Dedicated to Mike (I forgot), Impact 60 (Impact), Basic (FAC), Chevy (Station).

All Impact songs I recorded on the tapes were good or very good, I bought all their musicdisks and demo's at the MSX fairs.

I am aware the soundquality is not optimal, I have tried to clean it up, but the results are not much better as the version you can hear
via mixcloud. An old tape is still an old tape with it's limitations...

Listen to Kant A:
Listen to Kant B:

No comments:

Post a Comment