Translate

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My Music Memories: 2 favs Xmas songs

Every blogger should have some post every christmas, so I tried to find some fresh ideas
to post. Here is part 1.

Some artists just record christmas songs almost exactly like the originals from the 50s, 60s, etc., that's ok by me. But I like the songs more, if the artists use new arrangements
to sound a little different than the traditional ones.

It was difficult to choose 2 favs songs and even more difficult to find an artist who made
a nice arrangement to that classic song.
When I finally had 2 favs I browsed YouTube to find a nice arrangement of those songs...

After 1 hour searching and listening to failed attempts of all kinds of (amateur) artists
I was so disappointed I decided to browse in my own CD-collection.
Within 15 minutes I found for both favs an nice new arrangement.

Here it is (as long as YouTube dont remove it).
"Winter Wonderland" of Steve Overland


"Have Yourself A Merry Christmas" of Tomorrow People


These songs can also be found somewhere on the Modern Christmas Tapes 1/2/3
( Another Xmas Post (Part III) )




No comments:

Post a Comment