Translate

Monday, February 20, 2017

TnC Collected works : TnC SoundZ & DemoZ Disk Part 2

Here is already Part 2 of the Soundz & DemoZ Disk Collection and is called:
the Parole / Digi Collection.
On this disk you can find some digitized pictures made by mine NMS880 and a collection
of tools (PAROLE) from FRANCE, which still is the only MSX program that can generated Text to Speech !!! I will create a other Post this nice program, so here below is some other interesting stuff (I hope).

Here is a program I worked very hard to make it work but  I stopped working after version 1.7. I still didnt figure out what the differences are between the 1.6 and 1.7 version. The 1.6 version had copyrights of Jos-Tel, the 1.7 version not.
With this program you can create some kind of playlist of FM-Basic listings and it runs on MSX-1 and MSX-2, it stores this information in VRAM in a very clever way. With CTRL-STOP and F1 you can go to the next song.
It was very tough to translated it and keep it working...


Here we have maybe the best FM conversion Elko Duijm had ever made for the FM-Pac (A.P. Duijm is his real name, never asked were it stands for). Of course everybody knows the first notes of Toccata et Fuga, but Elko tried to create an version with an organ that would sound like there original.
So no bass and drums or edited in any way.



This is really painful, my attempt to create Text 2 Speech
for MSX with Wordstore+.
I tried to let it speak Dutch by sampling my own voice.
Due to the limitations of Wordstore+ (it could only handle less than 26 parts of the sample) and the bad recording
it can only say abbreviations in Dutch, like ABN, KLM, etc.
Strangely I made the program in 1990 already in English.
Why oh why ?


Here is one of the only digitized pictures I ever made with my NMS8280. I created those with DIGITIZE-2 program, also on this disk. On one afternoon I just connected my computer to the TV and started digitizing realtime. The results were so good I never did it ever again...
This picture is one of the best, it's a screenshot of the game Boggle on a Dutch TV-channel.
I believe the NMS8280 was very overrated, 256 colours on 256x212 pixels was just not enough to create nice digi's.


So have fun with this Part 2, ofcourse you will find much more programs and music than the ones I mentioned above, just like on Part 1.
Just start the disk and check the menu, if you dont believe me...





No comments:

Post a Comment