Translate

Saturday, April 1, 2017

The MSX-1 DrumComputer (COMPDRUM.BAS)

Before I owned a Philips Music Module I liked to messin' around with SOUND command and created random-sound-geneators and my own sound-effects for use in MSX-Basic games.

Then I found this program, called DRUM a listing in the Dutch MSX Computer Magazine 10.
It was ( and is still)  an amazing MSX Basic program, made by  Eric Madrange, where you can listen to a lot of different drum-patterns (check out JAZZ ROCK) or create your own.


Of course the last feature, the drum-editor, was the best, cause you could save and load your home-made drum-rhythms easily.

Well, it was very basic, you can only add a bass-drum, snare-drum and a hihat to your drum-pattern. So no tom-tom or cymbal like in other editors (Moonblaster).
Still it impressive how it works, without reading a manual or remembering pages of key bindings.

Specially for this post I created some new drum-patterns and translate it were needed
the listing into English. You find the downloadlinks below.

* Good old Mediafire *
* The new Pcloud *

And I made specially for this post a short video, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment