Translate

Sunday, April 26, 2015

The AACKOSOFT Tribute by TnC

At the beginning of 2015 I installed my modified MSX-2 NMS8280 computer in the livingroom and start playing MSX games.
I collected over the years a lot of them, but this time to get a list of my favorites for 
future posts for my blog.

I played "Oh Shit !" again and remember the good times we had when I demonstrate 
the game at a game-party in a kantine of the korfball club I was a member of.
Well, I was the only one with a computer, so not much competition. 
It took more than 10 minutes to load the game from tape, but soon at every "game over" everybody was shouting "Oh Shit !"

Then I played "Time Curb", "Robotwars" and "ICE" (still dont know what to do with these diamonds) and an old idea popped up...let's collected all speeches in AACKOSOFT games by playing them and record at the same time.
 
In an very old schrift with handwritten MSX info, I found almost every speech of AACKOSOFT games I had to played
 But I found more than just MSX games on the disks, some forgotten musicfiles for MuSiX, including the famous MASH theme and the song from Booty/Kick It with some drums added. 

While I was playing the games I noticed that AACKOSOFT used the same music over 
and over again, so to make The AACKOSOFT Tribute ( as the project name) more enjoyable for the viewers, I decided to use 1 of the MuSiX files.

Sadly I had already used my 1st choice "Axel-F" for an other video. 
I wanted the music to be non-classsic so I had to choose between "Dremo" 
(from Booty/Kick It games), "Theme from MASH" or  "Popcorn". 
Well..."Dremo" was a very sort, boring song, "MASH" was a very bad version 
of the original, so "Popcorn" was the less worst. 

But just as most of the MuSiX files at the end of the song , they all scr... up.
I had to edit the 2nd part of "Popcorn" a lot trying to fix most of the errors. 
Lucky for me I had the original manual of MuSiX...

After a lot of time I had the song "Popcorn" ready, speeches collected and raw video's 
of the gameplay. Let's put them together! 
Nope, all my video editing programs crashed after adding music, speech, pics and video's. 
So I created first all the pics with titles, a soundscape with Popcorn and all speeches. 

At that time I noticed that "Popcorn" was a little boring too, so I added as intro the music of Time Curb and between mainpart of Popcorn and the outtro the music AACKOSOFT used in too many games (like "The Meaning Of Life").
I tried to find and record every speech in AACKOSOFT games,  so I played other games  of AACKOSOFT, but found only the "Panel Panic" speech besides the others I already found.

While I am writjng this, I remember there was some female speech in the game 
"Red Lights of Amsterdam",  but it sounded terrible and afterwards I don't regret 
I didnt using it. 
It just didnt fit in The AACKOSOFT Tribute I had in mind...
 
I collected all games with speech from my own diskcollection and from www.nitroroms.com, a website full of games of old computer systems ( like MSX ). 
It has a lousy search engine, but you can download fast and without any waiting .
Short tip: Try to search for just 1 word, more words give bad results (none).

When you watch the video of The AACKOSOFT Tribute,  try to listen with headphones 
to have more fun...

One last quote; all speeches may sound be bit strange together, that was on purpose...
Like it or hate it, I loved it, although it took me so much time to finish it.
Almost 4 months spare time...

Here is the link to: The AACKOSOFT Tribute





No comments:

Post a Comment