Translate

Sunday, August 30, 2015

112 MSX Basic games presents : Adventure (108)

At the time when MSX-1 began, text-adventures were a populair game-genre, cause at that time most computers were not able to create fast high resulution pictures. Not to mention animated pictures...


So there were commercial software based on text-adventures like The Hobbit or De Sekte and of course some MSX Basic programmers that made some very large text-adventures.
I once had a MSX Basic text-adventure that only could run from tape. It was too large to run when Disk Basic was loaded...
But here is a very small text-adventure called Marie Celeste.
I like it cause I like the way it describes the place you are. Like you are really on board on a old ship.
It's no horror story, more a hide and seek.
I never got to the end of the adventure, so many times I checked the listing for mistakes or hidden clues, no luck.

Maybe you can solve it ? If you do, send me a walkthrough please.
After all these years I still wanna know the solution.

Here is a list of commands to get you started: GET KNIFE, CLIMB ROPE, CUT ROPE, LOOK, FORARD, EXAMINE NOTE, GET NOTE, AFT, PORT, FORARD, EXAMINE BUCKET, GET KEY, STARBOARD, EXAMINE CAT, FORARD, OPEN STORES, ....

Download it from: Mediafire or Gavitex

No comments:

Post a Comment