Translate

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Fan van Paul Mc Cartney and Wings

I guess that was no suprise, cause I published already some Wordstore demos with his music in it. 

My friend who liked The Beatles  just as much as me, had bought a set of MCs with songs of the The Beatles. Sadly it were no originals but a couple of nobodies singing their songs. But they did a very good job so it took a while before we noticed it. 

Any way, on the last tape there were some songs from Paul Mc Carthey and Wings. 
I liked them so I started to buy Paul Mc Cartney albums, and ...well...in my Wordstore demo's I will explain more about each album.


My older sister liked his music too, so she bought the double live album Wings Over America, Band On The Run on cassettes and Wings Greatest on LP with a couple of hickups in the song "Hi Hi Hi" (a light pick-up arm helped).

But Pipes of Peace was the last album I bought. Why ? Check out my post about my Hey Hey Karaoke Wordstore demo.

And did you know that Paul Mc Cartney also made some nice instrumental songs ?
If I would collect all of them I have on cassttes or LP , I could make a whole CD full.
To number a few I really liked: "Valentine's Day", "L.O.U.P.","On The Cuff Link" and "Rockestra Theme".

You can find the originals all over YouTube, so here are my first pick of covers
from Wings Greatest on YouTube:

"Another Day"
 "Silly Love Songs"
"Live and Let Die"
"Junior's Farm"
"With a Little Luck"
"Band On The Run"
"Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey"
"Hi, Hi, Hi"
"Let 'Em In"
"My Love"
"Jet" 
"Mull Of Kintyre"

Everyone with a guitar or piano can play these songs, but these songs are not so easy to play and sing as they seem to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment