Translate

Sunday, July 10, 2016

My favorite remixes: Favorite Remixes I Side A - Compiled by MSX -

Oke here it is. I explained already a lot about how these tapes were compiled and made. 
I had to sell most of them to get fast some cash ( 50 Eurocent per single, bad deal). 
Still I have the converted tape as mp3-file to listen to and share them with you at mixcloud.

Because Mixcloud forbid to use music from the same artists more than .. times so I rather have no tracklist then to be banned and removed.
 
On Favorite Remixes I Side A you will find:

* Eton Crop - Noizy Town
* EMF - Unbelievable
* East Side Beat - Ride Like The Wind
* Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
* U2 - Mysterious Ways
* DNA featuring Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner
* Tony Scott - Greenhouse Effect
* Bomb The Bass - Winter In July

Link to mixcloud






Something about the songs itself. Noizy Town was the only song I liked from Dutch group Eton Crop, the rest of the album was really shitty, I guess they had only the money to produce 1 good song.
Do I have to say anything about Unbelievable ? No I dont.
Ride Like The Wind was of course originally by Christopher Cross, but I like these modern East Side Beat versions.
Buffalo Stance is still a perfect crossover between hiphop, electro, pop, dance and the remixes proof that once more.
I never understood why Mysterious Ways wasnt a big hit in the Netherlands, I liked the dirty guitargroove very much.
You love or hate Tom's Diner, after all these years it's still amazing putting a slow beat under a accoustic song can make such a difference and became a hit.
The Greenhouse Effect was the last thing I ever heard of Tony Scott (Dutch), but earlier he had more hits, I just like this combo of rock with dance.
Bomb The Bass created songs like Snap part 2, mellow housemusic with great melodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment