Translate

Sunday, July 10, 2016

My favorite remixes: Short Introduction

It has been a long time since I post something here. I was preparing post, start compling a new MSX Toolx & Demoz Disk, cames accross an unfinished demo, too good the throw away, too bad to publish. So I started changing parts, try to create new ones. But also I was so stressed in my work I didnt want to touch any keyboard during my free time. Then I catched a cold but contined working so after work I was too tired to post anything. And now my head is not into posting, but I do. I need to do something to set my mind on something else.

So here is a post I was preparing months ago. I uploaded some old tapes to mixcloud with remixes, best ofs and collected comp[lications. This is the first serie of these tapes.
In the first years of the ninties I listen to the radio, watched MTV and other TV programs with music clips and bought maxi-singles of artists I liked to get exclusive remixes of the original song.
After a while I had so much maxi-singles with great remixes I started to record these on tape. In the end I had 3 tapes full of artists and groups, mostly faded away in time, some still known.

I recorded more than 1 remix of the same song on these tapes if the remix was totally different from the others and still sounding great, hope you dont mind...

BYT All these 3 tapes were compiled with a special program called CASFIL of MCCM (check out theToolz & DemoZ part B post) included the printing of the cover for the cassette !!!

Sadly these are the only tapes I used CASFIL for the printed cover and instead of the title
I typed only the name of the remixes itself. Very original, but after so many years I had to search on YouTube to find the right artist or group...

No comments:

Post a Comment