Translate

Sunday, July 10, 2016

My music memories: The Can Can by Bad Manners

In this serie there were a lot of uptempo songs and some ballads, but recently I discovered a new category in my music memories, fun songs or a better description singa-a-long songs.

It all started with my son humming the famous Can Can tune, while he was fooling around with Garry's Mod an other sandbox game like Minecraft.


And all at once I remember the best Can Can version, yes from Bad Manners.
Most of the video's on YouTube are live performances and it's clear to see the big frontman "Doug Buster Bloodvessel Trendle." knows how to party hard.

I liked their version so much I search for more songs of the ska-band, song like
"Walking in the Sunshine", "Nenehuhu...." and "Lip Up Fatty" remembered me of the fun times I had when ska-band were hot, like The Specials, Madness and many more.

I think I soon will search for ska mixes on mix.dj to remember the good times
and listen to songs I never heard before.

There are some interviews with older frontman "Buster" on YouTube and his recent live performances, but is that interesting nowadays ?

The comeback of Madness was acc. to me just a waste of my time,
so am I waiting for Bad Manners anno 2016 with "Can Can" ?
No way.

Some YouTuber created sort of Bad Manners archive, I guess he's still a huge fan.
Just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment