Translate

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

112 MSX Basic Games presents: STARJET.GAM (80)

Here is another action game and it's totally made in MSX Basic only !!!
I know it's just another "DON'T HIT THE WALLS" game, but the response on the cursorkeys and joystick is fast enough to make it playable, it has 7 levels and it sabes your best score.
That is not bad at all...

It took me a while before I found out how to complete a level, cause there were no instructions. I looked in the listing and lucky for me the programmer had left some Dutch comments here and there.
With this info and playing more than 10 times I was able to create instructions and modified some layouts to make them better and...
I found out there were 2 ways to play it, a sort of Campagne mode and a Test mode.

The programmer forgot to let the player choose, that's why I added a menu to let the player choose between the Campagne mode, which means you have to play all levels one after another with only 3 JETS. And the Test mode, just to find out the best way to succeed.
Only if you choose the Campagne mode you can get a highscore, well that makes sense...

The goal is to get to the white dot first and go back to the yellow F, without hitting anything with your STARJET. If you do the opposite you must start the level all over again.

I hope you like this simple game as much as me. It's 1 player only, but if you ae better than the highscore, the game will ask for your name and will remember if you keep playing it.

Mediafire / Pcloud



No comments:

Post a Comment