Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2018

MSX Google: week 17, 2018


After all current my internet adventures I found enough websites to create an other MSX Google week. 

This time I searched for MSX TV and MSX monitor images, to be used in a long video I still want to make of the Moonblaster mix "Between Good and Evil Gabba Heads"  I created already a short video-clip ( "2 Felix" ), but I wanted to use the Kaleidoscope animations from the Philips Designer program also in the long mix and using images of all kinds 
of MSX computers (with monitor or tv) to display those animations, just like in the video clip, only with other images.

 
The results were poor, lots of images of MSX computers, but 99% without any TV or monitor. So I must re-think the whole idea for the video for the long mix.

But all is not lost. I found some websites that had some interesting MSX content. There is also non-interesting MSX content. I don't care much about the history of MSX, 
why it's a failure and why not, where the name MSX came from, etc. etc. 

You can believe msx.org, Wikipedia or any other website. I believe they all have facts and opinions, so I believe all stories are true.

For me, MSX stands for playing very old but good games, programming in powerful Basic
and listening to amazing music from games or made especially for MSX on the MSX by lots of composers.

Enough bullshit, here are some interesting MSX content I found: 


The Nightfall Crew website shows how computer hardware looks like inside and gives lots 
of information about what must be repaired and how it's done .Together with lot of images, it's nice to browse. Not many MSX stuff, but some obscure Philips computers and a Arabic computer, all with interesting technical details. 




Yes, there is still 1 Dutch MSX shop !!!
Not much to buy, a couple of Dutch MSX books, a UMJA controller for using an USB mouse (even wireless) on your MSX computer and a SE-ONE MP3 player with FM radio. An UMJA may come handy, cause 2nd hand MSX mouses are hard to get. 
But a MP3 player ? Why do you want that ? We all know you better play MP3 files on much newer devices. Why prove that MSX computers are capable of playing MP3 files? 
Hellow, it's 2018. Nobody cares. 
Everybody listens to music on smartphones, tablets and laptops. 

Better go on with the next site.


I never heard of Wilbert Berendsen, till I found this page.
He was the programmer of the WBASS MSX assemblers !
Finally, I know where the WB stands for. 
Not. I was never interested in assembler programming, too tough to handle for me. 

Well, that was all the MSX stuff he ever made, but his CV is very impressive.
Now he is an organ player, composer and still a computer nerd, interesting combination.




And now I break a tradition, a non-MSX link in the MSX Google week. While the MSX world is still waiting for the MSX-3 computer, I present to you: the MSX-5 Monitor !!!




Well, that's all Folks !!












No comments:

Post a Comment