Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2018

TnC Internet Adventures: Red Zora (Magix & Ultra Red)

For some posts about Kaleidoscope software programs I had bought in the past, I was browsing in my special CD case full of Multi-media CD-/DVD-Roms.

Before I even found those Kaleidoscope CD-Roms, I re-discovered an enhanced Audio-CD
labeled Ultra Red Red Zora published by Magix. That was very interesting, because it was not only a maxi CD-single (4 tracks), but had also a multimedia part by Magix with demo's and the PlayR remix-program to create your own version of Red Zora.



I never liked the song Red Zora, but the Berlin Jones Remix (track 3) was not too bad. 
The single version reminds me a little too much of the remixes of disco-classics Daddy Cool and Ma Baker of Boney M.

Anyway, I tried to get the PlayR to work on my Windows 10 PC, but Windows 10 didn't let me install it. Too old. When I tried again with a VMware version of Windows XP Professional it installed, but cause my soundcard doesnt support the DirectSound of DirectX6 (yes that is old) the program crashed and never started up again after that incident.

What I saw was to turntables where you could add en remove samples of Red Zora in realtime, so while the music played you can play with the samples. Nice Idea, I saw it earlier in DJ Station, maybe from the same programmer.

There was also a possibility to create your own video-clip, with some visuals and short vids of a moving creapy version of a Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) clone.
I wondered if Magix wanted to create a "Red Zora" horror-movie, glad I could not find it at YT. And I am not planning to create a video myself with these vids, too scary.


I was wondering if I should find all tracks on YT and to my suprise "Red Zora" was not an original song, made with Magix Music Maker ( or any other Magix clone), but a remix of the theme from the TV-series "Die rote Zora und ihre Bande ". The TV-serie was made for children in 1979, but the story was much older, made in 1941 by Kurt Held. After the TV-serie they made a movie called "Die rote Zora" and they used the remix of Ultra Red as the new theme for the movie.Sorry, most info is in Germany language.

From the original music from the TV-serie I found an instrumental version (basic stuff for the remix of Ultra Red), a French version "Zora la rousse" and a German version "Die rote Zota". I liked the French version, cause I dont like any kids choirs...

I tried to find better remixes than in this maxi CD-single, but if you dont like the original,
you will find noty much, so I like only this remix of Tom Borijn, cause he used almost nothing of the original Zora song...

No comments:

Post a Comment