Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Xplora 1 CD-Rom - Peter Gabriel

Let's begin with saying "There is no Xplora 2". You can stop reading here! 
Now I will continue for those who want something about "Xplora 1"

Peter Gabriel is one of these artists who knows how to use new technologies.
So when the CD-Rom games starting to become very populair, he not only release a CD called "Us" and also a CD-Rom with a musical multimedia experience, with video clips from his singles of the CD "Us", some musical games, puzzles, photo's, sounds and other interesting info.

With the CD-Rom came a beautiful book with more stuff to read,  more pictures, photos like on another magazine ever.
I kept the book somewhere (in other words: I don't know where I put it) and the CD-Rom 
cause I liked the idea of a musical adventure, where you can just watch or explore.

When I bought it, my PC was not capable of running it (too slow) and when I got a faster PC, it won't run it, cause it used an too old version of Video for Windows. Yes, this CD-Rom was made when Windows 3.1 was all around and Windows 95 not yet to be released.

Now recently on my virtual Windows XP, it works a bit, except for the videos.
Lucky for me, others like it too and posted some videos of "Xplora 1".

It was also released for Apple Mac computers and Philips CD-I. Understandable, but CD-I was a very very bad system.
Of the whole CD-Rom, I like the video-clips of the songs of the album "Us" the most.
"Kissing That Frog", "Steam" and "Digging In The Dirt"is very fascinating to watch.
Yeah, I know "Steam" is just another "Sledgehammer", but almost as good.

I will leave you with a short video review and sort of play through by a proud owner of de CD-Rom.

No comments:

Post a Comment