Translate

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

112 MSX Basic games presents: PLAYMAZE.GAM (103)


Another Basic game in black and white ! And I almost forgot an MSX-1 had 15 colors !
I could add a nice background picture, flashing title screens, colorfull characterset, but no.

First of all it's too much work for me, second this game doesnt need fancy stuff.
It's perfect in b&w, believe me. The game had no title, but in Dutch it was called: "DOOLHOF.BAS".

That was a very bad name, cause I had at least 2 other Basic games
with the same name, but totally different in gameplay (if there was any...).

I decided to call this one "PLAYMAZE", because you can really play the generated maze
(instead of printing it on the screen and quit...).
And there is more, you can fill in how but the maze can be, if it will be generated visilble or not,
if the whole maze is visible or not and if you should play it or the computer.
Yes, really !
You can let the computer finds his way through the maze and see how fast he gets to the exit. Well..always faster than me.

It's amazed me how many options the programmer put into this listing.
Sadly I dont know who, I only know it was a C.U.C. member cause the listing was made for MSX-1 and Spectravideo 328/728.
I changed only minor details like deleting the Spectravideo parts and made the color of the sprite in the maze changable.

I know there was a MSX-2 maze-game called Leather Skirts,
but that was a very boring game with just a bigger maze and some drawn pictures of girls
of the red light district.

You can download PLAYMAZE.GAM from Gavitex and Mediafire
and Leather Skirts NOT, why should you play it ? Didn´t you watch that boring video ?

No comments:

Post a Comment