Translate

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Fan van KONG

It was not easy to find their website, cause the word KONG is used in so many ways, with or without the KING. 
is an Dutch group of musicians,  who make instrumental music with influences from metal, ambient, chillout, house and industrial and use spoken samples to finish it.

They make perfect soundtracks for art-house movies. Some times loud and fuzzy, sometimes light and full of melody.
I start bying their CDs after I heard the song Stockhouse on a Dutch complation CD of Noorder slag Festival (Nieuw Nederland Peil).

For me:  the song visualizes what happened if you go on a rollercoaster, it's a crazy ride,
I can assure you!

Some of their albums were produced by Tom Holkenborg,with sometimes a remixe of Junkie XL (both ex-members of Nerve).
I was also fan of...but that's another story to tell someday...

Years after they broke up I got a mail links to some new tracks, but it was not KONG anymore, just another solo project.

So I bought KONG remixes 93-99, cause I like remixes...well...they all are great disappointments altough I saw some great names of early Dutch house-music composers. Famous names means great sells, not great quality...
The 2nd album of KONG was the best they ever made (Push Comes To Shove),
I played it a lot and loud !
Sadly they never are really populair in other countries, maybe the music was just not pop enough...

I checked their website and they released  already 3 albums I didnt have. But now my taste of music is slightly changed so I listen but wont buy.

PS: on their website you can hear ALL of their songs, check out the RELEASES...

No comments:

Post a Comment