Translate

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

My Music Memories : Rat Trap of the Boomtown Rats

It was Monday again and I was a bit down, so I though by myself I Dont Like Mondays
Of course that was a huge hit for the Boomtown Rats, but I liked that other song much much more.

Rat Trap was a big hit in England, not in the Netherlands, it never hit any charts. So I listen for hours to the BBC radio waiting for the song to play. 

Finally it was there ,I missed the first seconds of Rat Trap cause I had to press Play and Record together on my cassetterecorder. 

I was so exited I could record the song, it was hard not to sing along,  that would be a real problem, my trusty cassetterecorder had only a build in microphone...

I liked Rap Trap cause had a great saxofoon loop and it's still sounded fresh. I heard some bad covers on YouTube I would like to be removed by YouTube itself, cause they are incabable to play Rat Trap.

After I Dont Like Mondays I never heard again from the Boomtown Rats, altough the singer Bob Geldof had a sort of hitsong with I Dont Mind At All (I mean: The Great Song of Indifference - whatta shitty title) and ofcourse organising the Live Aid concerts...

No comments:

Post a Comment