Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2016

MSX demo : ZZ-TOP demo of Ax-Alex

When I made the post about "Gimme" from ZZ Top, I started to remember this...
I bought my first  MSX-2 computer and started looking for more people with an MSX computer, so via a friend in a village Arkel, just next to the city Gorinchem where I lived , 
I got some MSX programs from a guy who called himself Brainsoft  (I guess at that moment  I got the idea to name myself CopySoft) specially some Picture demos he made by digitizing images with a NMS8280, which he worked with at the Local TV satoon of Gorinchem.

He digitized me once too, but right now I wont post it. 
There were always be pictures you're not proud of...

But the guy of Brainsoft (Part of the  MGGA) gave me some German MSX-2 programs 
like Philips Drum System and some demo's of a German guy named Ax-Alex. 
I dont know much German MSX software, cause most German computernerds preferred Commodore Amiga 500 more than any MSX computer.
Ax-Alex made for example an Anti Amiga demo, which only proofed that MSX-2 was no match for Amiga 500. 

He made also an ZZ-TOP demo, the reason for this post.
It contained some partly digitized partly badly drawn screen 8 pictures and a PSG sample of ZZ-TOP song "Sharp dressed  man". 
The sound was not bad for A PSG sample and if you knew the size of your memorymapper, you could listen longer.
I called this demo Metal Demo 1, cause no demo before that used (hard)rock in any 
MSX demo. 
So when I was busy creating hardrock/heavy metal samples with FM-FAC Soundsampler 
I named my demo Metal Demo 2, but that will be in another post.

If you follow the link, you can download it from passionmsx.org, still a great website for any 
MSX software...

PS: I included the cover of the album "Afterburner" of ZZ Top  in the post, cause it had some simularities with the pictures in the ZZ Top demo.

No comments:

Post a Comment