Translate

Monday, February 1, 2016

112 MSX Basic games presents: 112-MENU.BAS (games 112 - 100)

Well I promised to release a disk with a working 112-MENU.BAS and the first 10 MSX Basic games, so here it is. I changed very little, so I wont mention those.

Here is a list of the contents of the disk with the MSX Basic games 112 til 100:

112) CARDS.GAM (HI-LOW)
111) CARDS.GAM (CONCENTRATION)
110) STARTREK.GAM
109) PARROT.GAM
108) ADVENTUR.GAM
107) GRANNY.GAM
106) JOHNNY.GAM
105) BLITZ.GAM
104) DETECTIVE.GAM
103) PLAYMAZE.GAM
102) BEACHBAL.GAM
101) DUTCH-J2.GAM
100) KITCHEN.GAM

When I look at the list I am happy I didnt pick only the non-action MSX Basic games,
cause it's much easier to program a game like HI-LOW.GAM then a JOHNNY.GAM

From my view a good MSX Basic game should have at least the following:

1) an intro displaying the title of the game
2) short introduction about the story in the game
3) short howto how and which controls will work
4) saving a highscore during playing the game
5) games should stop nicely after CTRL-STOP or other mentioned key.
6) the difficulty should be increased during playing

I have to say, some games are so simple, you dont have to know what you should do,
for example BEACHBAL.GAM
But in STARTREK.GAM I'm happy I made some kind of instruction page for all keys used
in the game.

I may said it before, I will say it again, translating games is not so easy as it looks, sometimes you have to change parts of the gameplay to get it right.
In DUTCH-J2.GAM I had to make a new highscore table, otherwise the values didnt fit.

And sometimes the games were too easy or too hard, so I added some kind of difficulties
in some games, like DETECTIV.GAM

Enough talking, download the disk at MediaFire or Gavitex as long as they are there...

No comments:

Post a Comment