Translate

Monday, May 9, 2016

My Music Memories: Heroes of David Bowie

I am bit to late to post a David Bowie tribute, who died in January this year. But that was not why I made this post.

In the weekend I red a Dutch book called "Wie heeft dat gedaan?" ("Who did that ?") about all kinds of heroes, like super heroes, heroes from books, people like you and me who became heroes, heroes at war, gods and the grandmother of the 2 writers.

Today I looked at the cover and a song starts playing in my head; "Heroes" of David Bowie (boring clip) by the way...)
But is the song lyrics about heroes ? I checked and found out
it was about 2 lovers at the Berlin wall.
And there is more, the song is inspired by the song "Hero" of Neu!
If you listen very carefully you hear some similiarity, the lyrics are about something else.

I never knew David Bowie live performed with Queen "Heroes" and Peter Gabriel sang live an orchestral masterpiece of the song.

Final notes: I was a sort of Best Of David Bowie fan from the period until 1991, I bought his ChangesBowie only.

After Fame '90 I never hear him on the Dutch radio ever,
his fame went to other countries I guess...
He was a very busy man, check out the wiki page

He was an amazing talented man.

No comments:

Post a Comment