Translate

Monday, September 25, 2017

Life Is Strange - the game the music the story the fan-stuff

I kinda feel a bit strange, cause I want to post a comment about a game I never played.
Life Is Strange comes in 5 Episodes, so it's 5 games you must play to know the whole story. You can play Part 1 for free. 

I saw the whole package on Steam on sale. The title made me curious, so I began to read the comments. How can this game gets so much goodwill ?

And it gets strange cause lots of the comments were from male gamers, 
while the game is really about the friendship (and a bit more) between 2 female teenagers. 

One called Chloe (blue hair) gets always in trouble (or killed)  and the other (Max) save her by rewinding the time. 

So I watched the trailer and spoil everything by looking for the ending in Episode 5. 
I started Pewdiepie video, cause he played the whole game and just like Pewdiepie I was breathless and swept away by the end choice you had to make. 
Yes, it's no more than a interactive story where you must make the desicions, which have their consequences later in the game. But the final desicion, where Max must choose between Chloe or the town she lives in, is hard.


Why ? How weird the conversations may be, you believe in all people in the game, 
specially in Max and Chloe. So at the 2nd Pewdiepie ending, when Max is at the funeral of Chloe, I watched with almost tears in my eyes. It was so so sad...
And I didnt want to play the game anymore, to experience this all again by myself...
So it's a great story to believe in.

Another big plus of the game is the well-chosen music, that really gets under your skill. For example in both endings you here "Spanish Sahara", sounding so sad, but also songs like "To All Of You", "Obstacles", "Mountains", "The Sense Of Me" fits perfectly to scenes in this game. 

You can say all songs wanted to make you sad, but that's not true, luckily. 
Check out the Vortex Club Party Music. 

Life Is Strange had a big impact on all gamers, so on YouTube you can find alternative endings, parodies, new home-made stories and music-videos.
Of course there are different soundtracks to be found and even songs inspired by this game.

I could continue much longer, but it's  better I give you some YouTube links and let you find out yourself what the Life Is Strange game does to you.

Trailer / Pewdiepie's playlist / Parody / Soundtrack / Home-made story / Music-video / 
Vortex Club Party Mix

I also watched Piediepie's video's for Walking Dead, also very tough to watch and make even harder desicions than in Life Is Strange, but it hit me not so hard as Life Is Strange.
Maybe the music in Life Is Strange is better, I dont know.

Have an amazing experience with Life Is Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment