Translate

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

My Music Memories: My Doorbell of The White Stripes

It took me a lot of time to post something new. But here it is now.
It's not I don' t like Blogging anymore. I just had a lot of stuff made (and ready to blog about) and I couldn't finish it.
I was still not happy with the end-result. This post was one of the few things that were really finished and I will blog about it now.

I was searching for audio for a song of Bob Fosko "Me vader is behanger" for another project I was working on. Bob Fosko was also heard in an MSX sample of "De Kuil" , see Soundz & DemoZ part 5. Then I found a blog called "Pindakaas" with the original audio, strangely not from YouTube. I consider to post the complete song on YouTube, some day.
Anyway, that blog had only music from YouTube and other sources, without any comments.
In fact, most of the time comments are disabled.
Mmm, why. Don't you want any feedback? Good or bad?



Okay, one of the songs I listened to was this one "My Doorbell". I listened to it, because it was a funny title, a song about a doorbell. And it was. You hear only drums, a keyboard and a singer, boy what a funky tune this is. Of course, I started browsing for more White Stripes on YouTube and after I listened to their most popular songs I had to admin,

I never am a fan. In fact, I believe "My Doorbell" was the most commercial song they ever recorded. Who is they? The White Stripes? I could write the same things that wiki already did, so I only say that Jack White never played the same song the same way and I think Megan White struggled more and more to keep up with Jack. Being a drummer is not easy if the singer and guitar/keyboard player goes freestyle during each song.

Did I tell I only liked "My Doorbell" ? No ? That's true, I found a live recording of an alternative blues song "Ball and Biscuit" and it was the best blues song I heard for years.
Raw guitar riffs, steady drums.

BTW I could help creating a little meme with "My Doorbell"
Sorry for that!

Of course, there are covers of "My Doorbell", like from these "two losers"
( well, Josh Mullen did 51 other covers of famous songs, and all were not bad at all ).
But the best version of "My Doorbell" is the live version of The White Stripes featuring Jools Holland on piano and Jack White on distorted guitar.
It's really something else.



No comments:

Post a Comment