Translate

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

TnC Collected works : TnC ToolZ DemoZ Disk Part D

I completely forgot this ToolZ & DemoZ Disk Part D.
It seemed I was so busy with the "Paranoid Demo 2016" I forgot to post about Part D.

This part is special cause it had lots of graphics tools and some little demos.

Almost 4 screens full of tools demos, so lot to talk about?

Well, no. But I can try.
I did it with every disk.

There are demo's like TV-WALL, Random lines, Blockbox, 000Fractal, Fast MCCA Colorscroll, House 1/2/3/, Pagina, Intro Metal, all experiments for use in bigger programs, you will find them on other disks of TnC Collected works. Because I was already busy with the Soundz & DemoZ series and decided all at once to go on with the ToolZ & DemoZ series, all these demos have annoying random sound effects.


Some are pictures viewers with something special, like: Random Color, MED-Soft, MUP and CAT-PIC. CAT-PIC was one of the last MSX projects
I was working on (1996).

The idea was to create catalog pictures showing a thumbnail of every picture on the disk even if it's was made for a different SCREEN type. Well, I never came so far to implemented the conversion part of SCANMENU. It only creates a catalog picture in SCREEN 8 and creates thumbnails for SCREEN 8 pictures.


The main part is the tools, which can be divided into 3 categories:  converters, text readers, color changers.
I won't name all converters one by one, see for yourself. There are enough pictures on this disk to play with.


Every MSX-er creates text readers, cause it's not so easy
to read texts in MSX-Basic, so I made a couple myself.
Check out: CopyEdje and CataInfo.

With color changers, I mean changing the pallette of the pictures in SCREEN 5, 7 and sometimes 8 too.
Like: Color searcher/converter, EditPal5, palet changer.

But wait! There is more!
For example:

- My favorite copy tool in MSX-DOS 1: Autoload
+ It uses your whole memory-mapper to copy (big) files

- My homemade menu with sub-menus:  Homemade
+ Made for own utility disks with lots and lots of programs
- My twice modified MCM Text Scroller: Scroller
+ In SCREEN 0, but easy to use in your own programs.
- My universal MSX-DOS autoloader: Memman
+ I didn't make it, I just made it a bit user-friendlier.


And I mentioned it earlier there are pictures for SCREEN 5, 7 and 8 to play with.
In the MED-Soft (EMP-Soft v0.0) picture viewer, you see some SCREEN 7 pictures made
by Elko Duijm with Graph Saurus of Bit2 (of course).

You see a lot of the color purple in the screenshots, I just like deep purple...

Still want to download this disk: Mediafire
 

No comments:

Post a Comment