Translate

Monday, February 12, 2018

112 MSX Basic games presents : SUPERHEL.GAM (63)

Another game from MSX gids magazine and another game with an helicopter.
My guess because heli's are much slower than airplanes, its easier to program in MSX Basic, high speed shooters with airplanes are nearly impossible without the help of a little machinecode. 
 


But this game tries and manage to create a really challanging action game with an heli.
It has some music, own characterset for the texts, good instructions, 7 different levels, nice intro screen and you could save/load your name and hi score! 
Just because I wanted 112 Basic games on a disk with a menu and not 111 games, I had to remove it and change the game a little so it has now the default hi score of 500 and as long as you play it, you can beat that easy. Yes, this game is not so easy, you must find out how every level works. 

Mr. Jansen made more very big MSX Basic games, like platformers and other shooters, those were just a little to slow to be playable for me. This one is good enough, if your reflexes are fast. It may be just a MSX Basic version of an commercial MSX game, I still think it original enough to be included in my 112 MSX Basic Games. Agreed?

Btw most texts were in English, except the manual. A bit weird,  but hey, more Dutch MSX programmers made the same fault. Or was it on purpose, I guess I never gonna know.

I assumed it was an easy game to translate, but in the end I created a training mode and better hi-score input routine. So it took me a lot of testing. However the game is worth it.


Mediafire / Pcloud

BTW The screenshot shows my highest score, but due to a bug I was not able to fill in the hi score. This is my only proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment