Translate

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Amazing short MSX-1 demo: Wintergatan Marble Machine by Guillian & WYZ

I was just browsing for diskmagazines on MSX Games World (yes, they have them too). Then I found a collection of known and unknown MSX demos. Including this one.

 "Wintergatan Marble Machine". The screenshots made me curious about the demo, 
so I watch the YouTube video. It was unbelievable, moving pictures on SCREEN-2 while playing PSG music ? 

 I did not believe it, so I downloaded the Rom and played in BlueMSX. Yes, it really played on SCREEN 2. How was this possible ? I still don't know. But the composer WYZ (see logo below) has a lot of stuff made on Soundcloud using only (MSX) PSG and SCC soundchips.



Of course the pictures were "borrowed" from the original YouTube video
 but it is still amazing how only 2 people, WYZ and programmer Guillian made this short MSX-1 demo.
The original song is much longer, but I guess the Rom had its storage limits.
There is also a maybe even more impressive Minecraft cover completly made with redstone and noteblocks. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment