Translate

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Music Memories : Everybody want to rules the world - Tears for Fears

Never being a big fan of Tears for Fears, "Shout" (from the same album "Songs from the Big Chair") was also a big hit, somehow its too poppy for a song called "Shout".
Check out "Twist and Shout" of The Beatles and you know what I mean. 
I listened recently to "Shout" and I still think it's too smooth, but what a great guitar solo! 
Even better than the one in "Everybody Wants To Rule The World".  
 
And that is the song I want to post about. I already posted a long time ago about the Mojo Jojo version from Cartoon Network and proves it doesn't matter how bad you sing it, the music will make it sound like you are a real popstar. 
The steady beat, spacey synths, and a funky guitar make the song unforgettable. 
I don't mind about other hits, like "Sowing The Seeds Of Love" or the duet with Oleta Adams, called  "Woman in Chains"
For me, there is only one song that counts, "Everybody Wants To Rule The World". 


I did a quick search for any remix and this one from Lorde in combi with Assassin's Creed the movie (not the game)  is the most impressive remix and movie of the song.
Even the trailers were boring and confusing, better watch all Cinema Trailers of the games.
And even a special Trump remix (don't worry,  he won't sing)
More DJs tried to improve the original, some fail, some are just outstanding.
Not only DJs want to mix this song, some other (unknown) artists covered the song very nicely, like Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Relient K  and Aron Wright or even acapella.

Ow, I forget the 8-bit versions, also a very important category in music on YouTube, some even with vocals! I also find a remix, with a video you will remember forever, take a look here.
I could not resist adding more good remixes,  cause I like music in a lot of genres.




No comments:

Post a Comment