Translate

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Fan of Madness ???

 Do you still ? remember it? No ? I'ts Madness you idiot. These guys made ska music populair with hits like One Step Beyond, Nightboat to Cairo, Baggy Trousers, Our house and plenty more. I was in a period that I bought only "Best of" CDs of artists I knew from a couple of hits, but never bought any album of them. 
So I bought the "Divine Madness" which turned out to be more a single collection than a really the best of with only hits (I now found out it was the CD of the DVD with all their videos).
 
I didnt mind cause I discovered a lot of great songs I never heard of and even some ballads that were made more famous by other artists. Like My Girl and It Must Be Love. You have to listen to the lyrics, most of them are a bit cynical and sad, even in the most happy sounding songs like Baggy Trousers.

Years later, I saw a come back concert of Madness, no new songs, just a couple of teenagers of 40 years and older trying to be young again. 
What a waste, it was easy money for Madness members. 
For me time to switch the channel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment