Translate

Sunday, December 7, 2014

More Wordstore+ Demo's: Birthday Karaoke !


Note: 
I discovered today, 10th of July 2018, that this text was never updated
when it was made on the 7th of December 2014 !!!
Years went by, so I had to make some changes to post it now...




This is one of the many recordings I made with Wordstore+ (disk version),
my Philips data recorder and a lot of audio-cassettes during 1988/1989.
I was always searching for a good intro to record, in the end Birthday
was the only Beatle-song intro what fitted in the max time of recording
in Wordstore+.

I found also a Wordstore recording of the Roll Over Beethoven intro,
but the intro was too long, so the last part was missing...
The recording is from 1988, but I made a completely new basic program
for the Karaoke part.
I made it in a way I could use it for other Wordstore+ recordings too.

If you wanna know more about how The Beatles (I mean Paul) composed the song,
check this link I found.

Just a few words about the song Birthday. I like the song but not as much
as Back To USSR from the same White Album.
The bridge with "I would like it to dance" with the silly voices "Birthday"
in the background made me always cover my ears.

But I remember the first time I heard the song in stereo.
My friend gave me his headphones, said listen to this and played Birthday
at high volume.
And I was disappointed about the intro, it sounded like so mono!
Then the vocals cames from the left and right channel, that was incredible!

I bought the double LP in a record store, so I got also a large poster with
lot's of strange pictures of the Beatles and 1 large color-photo of each Beatle
Note: the photo of Paul is different than the others, was it already Paul Mc Cartney
and the Beatles, instead of The Beatles as a group ?)



Last words: White Album is a double album, but I think The Beatles had not enough
songs to fill it, so they recorded Revolution No.9 (a soundscape).

Here is the original Birthday song I sampled, I search on YouTube and stumbled on 
this funny one...made by Mery McNett (banned by YouTube, so check here)

I almost forgot the link to the Wordstore+ Karaoke:
Mediafire
Gavitex links are gone..

The Beatles recorded also the original "Happy Birthday" song, only 30 seconds long.

No comments:

Post a Comment