Translate

Sunday, December 7, 2014

MSX Google: week 50, 2014

I was searching for a MSX-Basic Christmas demo, which was made by Philips (I tought).
Searching my diskimages got me nowhere, so I tried to find it on the net.

That was not a great succes, although I found a simpel website about a guy from Holland who collects EVERYTHING Philips every made or published for the MSX system.

And it was more than I ever imagined, for example Philips sold lots of game from other game-companies including Konami !

It's nice to see all the Philips MSX hardware (and software) I once owned.
Including my worst joystick ever:

I nearly destroyed that thing while playing Beam Rider.

And my most frequenly used Philips hardware:
With this modem I browsed every MSX-BBS and every MSX Videotex page I could find
to get MSX software. I mostly searched for music, tools, digitize images and basic games.
I didn't play much games so I was not a real game collector.

Last be not least a picture of the Philips datarecorder I used to record every Wordstore sample I made.
It did his job very well, every MSX-tape could be loaded.
Sometimes after a few tries with the volume switch (right below).

Oke enough talk, here is the link


No comments:

Post a Comment