Translate

Sunday, December 7, 2014

More Wordstore+ Demo's: Love Is Strange Karaoke !

 I consider that Love Is Strange was the best song on the LP Wild Life of Wings 
(with Paul & Linda McCartney).
It was the first album of Wings and the worst, I think.
To make things more badly, Love Is Strange was a reggae cover of Micky & Silvia
song in 1956 (see the nice 50s style videoclip), so the best song of Wild Life wasn't
even composed by Paul.






Anyway I liked the reggae version so I sampled the intro in Wordstore+.


Not much to say about Wild Life, the first song Mumbo is as bad as the rest of the album.
If Mumbo was arranged differently it would had been an nice rocksong.
There are some bootleg live versions from '71/'72 that shows how Mumbo was ment to be played.
Another song that was played live, was the title song Wild Life, some kind of blues song
I liked it, if it was shorted to 3 minutes, but it was not...
And only in the last song Dear Friend, we hear more than just Wings members playing,
no a real orchestra !
But that song is repeating itself over and over again.

I played Wild Life maybe 3 or 4 times, and every time I was disappointed.
After Paul McCartney's album Ram I had expect something better.
That's all there is to say.

But I found a animated videoclip of Love Is Strange by Wings, which fits
the songs perfectly, the link is here


Wordstore+ links:
Mediafire
Gavitex

No comments:

Post a Comment