Translate

Sunday, December 7, 2014

More Wordstore+ Demo's: Coming Up Karaoke !

As I look back to my Wordstore+ recordings, I discovered I recorded the most funkest songs of Paul McCartney I knew at that time.
That is Coming Up, What's That You're Doing and Hey Hey.
But now I only discuss Coming Up song.



I always like the song of McCartney II, but after I landed on a blog with lot of
bootlegs and live recordings, I found out there are 2 versions.
The official (studio) version of McCartney II and the live version from a concert
of Wings in Glasgow.
The 2 versions are really different from each other, but still I don't know
which version I liked best, the happy version of Paul or the big funk version
of Wings.

So here are the links to a live version of Coming Up (live from the Kampuchea concert)
and the Paul's funny videoclip

Some words about McCartney II.
It was the first solo album after the last album "Back To The Egg" of Wings.
Just like his first solo album after he left The Beatles, he played all instruments.
I was really suprised that Paul could play all instruments on Coming Up !

But the whole album was not that good, lots of songs are just boring,
because Paul used so little instruments.
Only Coming Up, Nobody Knows (country-rock), Dark Room (experimental electronic)
and One of These Days (acoustic guitar ballad) were my favorites.
I recorded Darkroom in Wordstore+, but again the loop I wanted was too long
to fit in Wordstore+.

There are re-issues of the album with lots of other tracks, but I am not a collector
anymore that wants to have everything Paul had made.

Wordstore+ Karaoke links:
MediaFire
Gavitex

No comments:

Post a Comment