Translate

Thursday, July 30, 2015

My Music memories : Different Corner by George Michael

It's not always uptempo songs that stays in my memories. 
Some ballads seems to be forgotten by me and then a memory pops up
and the song is back.
I heard "Different Corner" of George Michael when I was a trainee at a iron work industry (see "Sledgehammer") and I though why he left Wham and the happy uptempo songs and start his solo career with a such a sad song.
I wasnt happy as a trainee, cause it was dirty and sometimes heavy work and I had hard times to keep up with the other co-workers. 
But the radio was always on, so I heard all the latest hits, like this one.
And I felt less unhappy after hearing this song...

I found a video if George Michael performing "Different Corner" with a huge orchestra
in Paris, but it seems the whole orchestra was playbacking, cause it sounded just like somebody put the CD-player on.
Exactly the same sound, sad choice. So I chose the original video-clip.
I search on YouTube for a male or female singer who covers the song like never before,
but everybody sing (or tries to sing) it like G.M.
And remixes were hard to find, until I came across this Chill-Out version, with a beautiful video full of moving images.

George Michael released in the same periode "Careless Whisper" another sad ballad song,
this one stayed longer in my music memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment