Translate

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Fan of Yello


It all began with a commercial on MTV for the Video and CD Essential Yello (the best of).
I heard some songs I liked a lot and then I knew, it was all YELLO !!!
So I bought the CD an Video (with a different version of Jungle Bill and Who's Gone video).
I liked most of the songs even those I never had heard before...
After that I start search for more Yello music and bought New Mix 82-85 with some earlier stuff of Yello, but I liked it anyway.
I liked it because it was weird, funny, melodic, electronic and I was easy for me to sing along with Dieter Meyer, cause my voice was rather low.
Combine with the crazy video's featuring the members of Yello (Dieter Meyer and Boris Blank) I came more and more addicted.

After buying these compilations, I started collecting all Yello albums on CD.
The first was Claro Que Si and I was not sure if I wanted to buy more of Yello, cause 
the versions on New Mix were much better than on Claro Que Si and worst of all I didnt like the other songs very much.
After a while I was enough hungry for more Yello, so I bought them all.
The beste creative period of Yello was just before releasing Essential Yello, after that
Yello tried to be hip with experiments with house, dub, electro, dnb, but most of the time the remixes of these songs were much better than the Yello ones.
So after a few albums I better forget (Motion Picture and The Eye), Yello got back to its own style and managed to make it sound fresh again, it was called Touch Yello.
Not only on CD but there was a DVD as well, called: "The Virtual Concert"
For me a reason to stay being fan of Yello, until present time.

Yello always tries to go with the flow, their website looks cool and changed from time to time, they made an app for mobile-phones and tablets, made car-commercials, interactive online music-mixer and much more.
That's make me as a fan very happy, I am not looking for re-issues or remasters.

If you want to become a fan of Yello: check out on their website their Videology 
(click on the green block) and play a few videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment