Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2016

112 MSX Basic Games presents: SUMITUP.GAM (83)

After a serie of action games. Here is another mind game.
The Dutch name was SPROKKELEN, which was hard to translate, sort of collect things. But a game called COLLECT is very boring so I had to think very hard before I came up with the title SUMITUP.

It was not the only setback I had with this game. It seems I downloaded it from a Videotex page with MSX software and at the end there was a nasty bug that cause the MSX to reset.
So I saved the listing in ASCII and deleted the corrupted lines of code.

Then the next problem appeared, the description was made partial in SCREEN 2,
I had to be very carefull with the words I wanted to use, otherwise it wont fit in the screen.
And that was not all, joystick controls were hard to build in, sometimes the game didnt registrate the firebutton. It took me 2 evenings to find an solution.

Was it worth the effort ?
Yes, I believe so, you can play with 2 players or against the computer. I suggest you play against another person, cause the computer is nearly unbeatable.
I forgot what this game SUMITUP is all about. Well, you must get more points than your opponent, by selecting a number every turn until all numbers are gone.

I like the game, cause it's has a good explanation, good GFX design and very playable.
It really deserve a place in the 112 list.

Mediafire / Pcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment