Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Xmas 2016: More MSX Xmas games feat. Xmas Quarrel

I already post about MSX Xmas games like Penguin Adventure of Konami and The Snowman of Quicksilva, both commercial released games. But what about all those MSX users who's programs were published on (disk-)magazines, listingbooks ? I tried to find some "home-made" MSX Xmas games, but there are just a few. Would it be a great idea if some big MSX website makes a yearly competition of creating new MSX Xmas games.
Well ?

I started my search on the Millenium CDs of MCM, the Dutch Magazine and lucky for me I found 2 Xmas MSX games on the Clubmagazines of the Belgium MCM. My search is not over yet, but I doubt I can find more Xmas games in my MSX diskcollection...


So the here is the 2nd Xmas game I found, Xmas Quarrel and English title for a Dutch games. Yeah, we Dutch use English words a lot, cause they sound better than the Dutch ones.

Here is a short translation of the controls screen:


SPELER = PLAYER
TOETSENBORD = KEYBOARD

If you choose 2 players with keyboard, the 2nd player had
to use w-a-s-z and shift

SPELER 1: DRUK EEN CIJFER = PLAYER 1: PRESS 1, 2 or 3

Xmas Quarrel is a 2-player game only, so you cant compete again your MSX.  It's a kind of a early PvP game,
like Vortex Raider of Eurosoft with snowmans throwing snowballs at eachother.
Funny, a Xmas fighting game, while real Xmas meaning is totally the opposite...

Again MSX Games World suprises me nicely, so here you can Download and play (Run) it.  Grab your annoying nephew
and show him who is King Snowman. 


No comments:

Post a Comment