Translate

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

112 MSX Basic Games presents: PATIENCE.GAM (77)


At first I didnt want any YAHTZEE or PATIENCE related games in the 112 list, but this Patience version was so different and yet so playable I felt like I had to put it into the 112 MSX Basic Games list.

Actually the full name is C.U.C. Patience, a listing from the C.U.C. magazine specially for SpectraVideo (and later also MSX) users.
All software they published in their magazines or tapes were made for both SpectraVideo and MSX, very nice feature.

I didnt remove all SpectraVideo related codes in the listing, I just translated and added some kind of Highscore. The Dutch manual in Dutch was a bit long to translate and I had to play the game for more than 10 times before I had a proper working Highscore. Last but not least I changed also the cursor into blue, cause the intro-screen was blue too and I could better see where the cursor was (yeah Im getting old).

By the way, its amazing how the letters C.U.C. and word Patience are displayed in the intro. Wow ! That must be tough to make !
The cursorspeed may be a little too sensitive, I removed all spaces and variables after the NEXT-commands to speedup the intro-screen and generating the play-screen. So now it runs faster, but the cursor too, sorry !

I could explain how the game works, but I think my translation in the game itself will be enough. Like any other Patience game you have to make rows from 2 until King from the same type. That would be enough to start.
   The game is not capable of checking if the game is finished or if there are no valid moves for you. I guess checking it would make the game much slower and maybe unplayable.
That's the only disadvantage of C.U.C. Patience I could find.

Have a lot of fun trying to beat my Highscore (4975 !!!)

Mediafire/Pcloud


No comments:

Post a Comment