Translate

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Life Is Strange - the mix - TnC OST Mixz "The Decision"

It was never my intention to make a 2nd post to any game, but as you can read in the description of the mix on YouTube, making this mix was a some kind of price I had to pay for getting the music and the game out of my head. 
I will use this post to tell you more about the mix itself.

I listened to couple of Life Is Strange soundtracks on YouTube and there were so many songs I liked a lot, mostly the more depressed sounded ones. 
I just wanted to hear those songs together so I started my old Mixmeister Fusion and let the automatic BPM determine how the playlist would look like. 

It turned out alright (I guess) with a mix of instrumental, mixed vocals of male/female and 
a balance in soft beginning and hard endings. 
I mean, most songs in the mix started very quietly and the erupt at the end. 
But it was hard to cross-fade those songs with all different BPMs (according to Mixmeister Fusion, that is). 

It took me 12 versions before all song transitions were fine. I kept on cutting / pasting / listening to the same transitions to find the perfect mixing in key ( in my case, mixing by ear, not by the beat).

So in the end, I had my mix, but it seemed logic, if I want to publish on YouTube I must do more than just showing a title picture during the playing of the mix. 
I made some notes for different versions of the video, and suddenly I had the idea when 
I listen to the mix I made.

What if, the whole video mix shows with short video's and the music itself, the state of mind of Max Caulfield to make in Episode 5 the final decision, sacrifice Chloe, her best friend or sacrifice the city Arcadia Bay. 
I used short videos from Episode 5, where Max walks to the Lighthouse and is reminded of all the good memories she had with Chloe, just before Max had to make the decision. 

So I started the mix with a short video of Max and Chloe before Max had to decide and end the video with a short video of the tornado. It only seems normal to name the mix "The Decision". 

Some of these memories of Max are seen in the mix, I had to cut a lot to get different memories and not let the background noise/music ruin the mix.

But there was more trouble ahead.
My video-editor could only handle 800x600 resolution, so the video quality is....bad. However the audio seems okay, so I uploaded it anyway. 

After uploading I tried to search for my video, but YouTube search didn't find it. 
Maybe it's better, cause there are so many well made fan video clips with scenes 
of Life Is Strange. If you hate the video, but like the mix, I have uploaded it to mixcloud

Check the links below for the video and mix.



The video or The Mix

Note: I wrote Mixz instead of Mix, cause it's not really a smooth mix with nice transitions between the songs (and I speed up all songs to 115%)

And finally: I found some other Life Is Strange links I had to share it with you:

A beautiful Wikipedia fan-made
A fan-made story for the prequel of Life Is Strange
A playlist of Life Is Strange instrumentals, each 10 minutes long

That's all folks for today !

No comments:

Post a Comment