Translate

Saturday, April 22, 2017

My Music Memories: The Hedgehog's Dilemma of 8bit bEtty

I post this song earlier on my Facebook (I forgot) and when I was looking to the video's ZooiTroep liked, I found this one again. It's a really sad song about 2 people, both too shy to talk to each other. Yeah, I'm still sky and doesn't like crowds full of people I don't know. I don't like being in the spotlights and when I had to talk in public I am still blushing.


Now something about the music, 8bit bEtty uses sounds MSX-ers are very familiar with, I am talking about the standard sound chip PSG. That's not all, he also uses male and female robotical voices (sort of text 2 speech) and let them sing along. 
It's really impressive and it makes the difference between other chiptune or bitpop artists.

This song "The Hedgehog's Dilemma" comes from the album "Fake the Bitters" and you can still buy it on bandcamp.com. 

I must say not all the songs are great, but you must listen the whole album for yourself to judge. And here comes the sad part, after the album "Fake The Bitters" 8bit bEtty stopped publishing.

According to his latest tweets he is in the game-industry. 
However I guess he uses an other alias then 8bit bEtty here.

Here the link to the album: "Fake the bitters" to listen.
If you move your mouse pointer over the titles you can click on lyrics too.

But for this track "The Hedgehog's Dilemma" I make an exception, here are the lyrics:

I am just a shy girl at heart
I wish I could say hi to you
why am I alone again tonight
when I am in a city filled with possibilities

I am just a shy boy at heart
and I know you expect me to say hi to you
I guess I'm afraid of what you'll say
so I guess I will read another book tonight by myself

And sometimes I wish things weren't this way
that I could change
but then I'd lose a sense of myself
Oh what a shame

I am always the girl alone at the show
I start to sweat when you say hello
I will make a reservation for one
I don't think that eating alone is fun

And sometimes I wish things weren't this way
that I could change
but then I'd lose a sense of myself
Oh what a shame

Someday I will find someone shy just like me
Someday I will find someone shy just like me
Someday I will find someone shy just like me
Someday
Someday


Someone shy just like you

Note:
About the title, here is a short explanation from YouTube user: my name is.
"the hedgehog's dilemma actually a metaphor . like, when it's cold, hedgehogs would like to cuddle but they kinda cant bc theyll hurt each other."


No comments:

Post a Comment