Translate

Saturday, October 28, 2017

My Music Memories : Are Friends Electric of Gary Numan

This music memory (1979 !!!) is very strange.
I had this song in mind for at least 2 times earlier and recently I was sure I had it
post already. 

It seems I had been thinking about posting it and forget all about it more than once. 

But now, here it is. First of all, it is "Tubeway Army" and not Gary Numan who released "Are Friends Electric?" I don't care. 

It is clear it was all Gary Numan the artist who composed, played and sang it. The song is very epic, you love or hate it with all your heart.
Gary is not the greatest singer of the world and the slow synthesizer loop with some out of tune notes is not suitable for everyone's taste. I love it because of to the rock setting he used to create such an edgy song. I listen to some other songs of Gary Numan who still makes new music. 

Well...he has his own style and most of the songs I heard so far, won't make me a big fan. Besides "Are Friends Electric", "Cars", "I Dream Of Wires", "I Am Dust"
I didn't find any goodies. 

Gary has not only his own music style but also his own lyrics subject, it's always about the battle between human and robotics. Anyway, this is what I found on the big YT, al different versions of great Gary Numan songs:

* NIN & Gary Numan - Cars Live
* Citizen Clone - I Dream Of Wires  
* 8 Bit Universe - Cars 8 Bit Cover Tribute
* Synthsound1  - I Am Dust (Den'o Edit)

Note: I always believed that "I Dream Of Wires" was composed by Robert Palmer, 
until now. I will explain more in another post about Robert Palmer himself.

PS: Gary Numan worked together with many artists and featured some mashups, some arent too bad....

No comments:

Post a Comment