Translate

Saturday, October 28, 2017

My Music Memories: Thunderstruck of AC/DC

I was not sure if I wanted to blog about "Thunderstruck" song. It's just another rock-song with a famous guitar-riff. Also, it was a hit of AC/DC MK II with another vocalist (Brian Johnson) . If I hear him "singing" more than 1 song, his voice starts irritating me. I liked the original singer Bon Scott much more, but he passed away too early. I still plan to create a mix of all tracks of "Let There Be Rock" and "Powerage", the only CDs I ever bought of AC/DC. I once let create an automixer create such a mix.
It sounded so poor, I directly forgot where I stored it.
Lately I search for 8-bit versions of "Thunderstruck, most of them where only instrumental and after 2 minutes more or less boring. I dont want to include any of them hear.

Of course I search for other versions of "Thunderstruck" and found a video about Isle Man TT motor races with the original audio of AC/DC, with really good editing.
And there is more:

- 2 covers:
  country rock of Steve N Seagull
  (yes, those country boys knows how to rock)
  acoustic rock of Luca Stricagnoli
  (1 man 1 guitar band with some drumming too, amazing)
- 2 mashups:  ghostbusters of Wax audio
  (both songs and videos are blended perfectly together, wow)
  coldplay/2unlimted of  DJ from Mars 
  (more vocals from AC/DC instead of Coldplay would make it better, still very danceable)
- 2 remixes:
  peculiar of Mr. Peculiar
  (sort of psy-trance, if AC/DC would share the stage with any Trance DJ)
  crookers of Crookers
  (the most famous remix of "Thunderstruck", some parts good, some better skipped)

Of course the 2Cellos cover should be mentioned here, this video was made before they hired a drummer, still their performance is so powerfull, no drummer needed.

Note: There are a lot of AC/DC Tribute Bands calling themself "Thunderstruck".
I think it a waste of my time to hear and see who is the best AC/DC imitation.



No comments:

Post a Comment