Translate

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

TnC Collected works : TnC ZoundZ and DemoZ Disk Part 8 (Final !)

Part 8 final ? Yes, it is.

When I was compiling Part 5 and 6,
I was sure I had enough stuff for at least
10 Parts.

But when I looked closer to the FAC SOUNDTRACKER music files and all the versions I collected of the song "Every breath you take" I began to see that lot of these were not interesting at all.
So I decided to sort things out until I could fill the last 2 disks, Part 7 and 8.

I wanted to call this Part 8,
the "Every Breath You Take " edition,
but when I listen to all versions, all with the same errors or more, I wanted to create just 1 good version, so this edition is named "Soundtracker Edition Part 2".

Mostly cause the main part of the disk is filled with Soundtracker music, players, and info.
However, there are also some nice tools for the Philips Music Module, mostly samplers and a long FAC's FM-FAC sample of the song "Here We Go Again" of the synthesizer-rock band "Mad At The World" ( see Part 7 for more info).

The FM-PAC demo "Every Breath You Take" of the band The Police has a long history.

Originally was the song made in Synthsaurus V2.00 by Elko Duijm and when it was converted to Basic, it was too big to fit in the memory of any MSX computer.

Later there was a converter made BIT2BGM, but after conversing the tempo was wrong, instead of 120 it played 80!


I liked the song Elko Duijm made, so I cut the song in SynyhSaurus V2.00 in 2 parts and converted each part into a Basic listing.

More problems came to the surface,
when I played the 1st part in Basic.
After the refreins, the whole song got timing issues and the drums, the bass melody played out of sync.

I believe Elko Duijm tried to fix some of these issues in SS2 later, but I could not find any better version than the onces I collected earlier.

Anyway, for Part 8 I wanted to create
1 complete version by getting rid of all the same strings with music data and put together part 1 and 2 after that.
I listened to part 1 and I heard so many out of sync channels, I had not the courage to start fixing these.

So I made a cut-off sped up version with only the intro and 2 refreins, cause after that all the errors began.

 I had already converted pictures for a menu with "Every Breath You Take " versions, cause I decided to use only 1 version, I took the best picture merge it with the cut-off spec up version and voila there was the "Every Breath You Take" FM demo.

Now I  forgot there is a lot to read about FAC SOUNDTRACKER on this Final disk, like info about the music files , tips for use, my Basic replayers and info about all samplers.
Again I tried to find some info on the net about these songs:

Some of these songs are from the FAC Demo 4 "Facmanschap is Meesterschap" and MSX-Fan magazine  (via Unicorn Coorporation - Library #1)

But the song "Diver" (of Unicorn Coorporation again) came from a listing in MCCM 41, see page 29 or the screenshot on the left.

"Dremo 2017" was original a song in MUSIX (with drums), but was used (without drums) in Booty or Kick It  ofcourse all published by Aackosoft.

"No-Acid Part 1" was the pre-version of the song you hear in NO-PROMO demo  
What can I say, except unfinished?

 "Because" was a song of The Beatles of their best album "Abbey Road". And I found lots of good covers, remixes of this (mostly) acapella song. Even a movie "Across The Universe" that had a story based o the lyrics of 33 (!!) Beatle-songs.



But here are some "Because" treasures
I found on YouTube:

- All You Need Was Luv
  (still impressive see someone play all instruments and sing in perfect sync with the video)
- Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets Trailer song
  (yes, it was the trailer song of an action movie, The Beatles with an orchestra well done)
- Across The Universe
  (from that movie I mentioned earlier, acapella and not sang by The Beatles themselves)
- The Hit House
  (another from that Valerian movie, but this time in sort of "Terminator"-style)
 - DMA Reggae Mix
   ( lots of dub or echo, it turns the song into something even better )
- The Zap rmx
  (sort electronic techno style, very non-pop, Kraftwerk vs The Beatles remixed)
- Reggae Remix of tomseal76
  (more reggae, what if The Beatles recorded "Because" as a reggae song ?)
- SHIHA Remix
  (if The Beatles recorded "Because" today, it would sound like this, house music)
- Because the world is round
  ( a spoken version of "Because, but the relaxing music and video makes it soo special)


I don't have to tell you there is "Every Breath You Take" remixes, covers and other stuff related to the song on YouTube. I took a deep breath, dived into the pool and this is what
I found at the bottom:

- Reactable Mix
  (you can watch how the music changes, just by moving some electronic blocks
   on an electronic table)
- Harp Twins - Camille and Kennerly
  (2 beautiful young girls with 2 harps and very talented, impressive)
- Deep Chills Remix
  (lounge version, very relaxing with a bit of saxophone, fantastic)
- Alex Giudici Remix
  (a bit synthwave and a bit Ibiza, go slow dance)
- Scenester Synthwave Remix
  ( I can't help it, I love synthwave 80s style)
- Rush West Bootleg
  (uplifting house version, yeah really)
- MINOR KEY VERSION
  (very creepy version, for playing at Halloween)

And so we come to an end. TnC Collected Works is finished now.
All I can do is make new  MSX stuff ;-)

The disk Part 8 is on Mediafire / Pcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment