Translate

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

My Music Memories : Brother Where You Bound of Supertramp

These are the kind of songs, you like when you heard it, you forgot all about it and...snap...you know part of the song again and don't know what it is.
I had this with "Brother Where You Bound", I just knew 2 lines of the lyrics and remember the saxofoon and the great guitarsolo at the end. I search on "You gotta move, You gotta hide", but Google send me to "Fred McDowel" and "The Rolling Stones"  
I was pretty sure that none of these 2 used a saxofoon, so I changed the lines into
"You better move, you better hide" and found the right lyrics at flashlyrics.
The song was from Supertramp and more than 16 minutes long, titled: "Brother Where You Bound". There was a 19 minutes mini movie made by Rene Daalder (yeah another Dutch !) for the song, which was never released as single, so why this movie, I can't tell...
The best part of the song is at the end, the part where I just remember the 2 lines of lyrics from and it was also the title of the album
The movie itself is very unpleasant, violent en despressing and let you wonder why it all happened with the hero and his family. There is even an other video made from the song with scenes from Brasil that is even more depressing and weird.

BTW Rene Daalder has done some impressive stuff, see his website

No comments:

Post a Comment